Spreading COVID – 19 amongst staff and volunteers
- All employees to observe 1m social distancing at all times.
Excellent personal hygiene practices by all employees
- All staff members to wash their hands at the beginning, during and after shifts.
- Staff instructed to wash their hands after every task is completed.
- Hand wash facilities behind the Main Bar with soap and disposable paper towels available.
- Exclusive use of Ground Floor Disabled toilet, including for changing into uniform on site.
- Face masks, visors and gloves supplied to staff
- Disposable aprons provided, if required.
Fitness to work
- Staff to complete a Fitness to Work declaration before they return for the first time, including a requirement to notify General Manager if they or household member are displaying symptoms before coming to PYC.
Symptoms of Covid – 19
- If any member of staff becomes unwell with a new continuous cough or a high temperature at PYC they will be sent home and advised to follow the stay at home guidance.
- If advised that a member of staff has developed COVID – 19 and recently been at PYC, the club will notify the Public Health Authority to discuss the case and identify people who have been in contact with them and take any further advice and precautions given.
Ways of working
- Bar staff to work in pairs, with touch points cleaned before, during and after shifts.
- Two staff members behind the bar at any time, with limited access to the kitchen to maintain social distancing.
- Staff to take breaks at different times to maintain social distancing.
- Perspex barrier at the Café till to give protection to staff coming into contact with members of the public.
- All drinks to ordered through card or contactless payment.
- Drinks ordered at Café till and then delivered through table service, with empties placed at a separate table.
- Main Bar balcony only will be open, with social distancing measures in place and new seating layout. Capacity limited to 50 people.
- All areas of the main bar, toilets and ground floor need to be clean.
- Touch points need cleaning every 60 minutes (toilets, door handles & bannisters).
- Tables wiped after each group leaves.
- Clear signage placed throughout PYC reminding staff of the importance of social distancing rules.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout PYC, with staff ask to use on entering and leaving the premises.
- Posters and signage to remind staff of the requirement to wash their hands.
- Hand cream to be provided for staff on site.
- Staff to change into their uniform on site and take home with them.
- Staff reminded that wearing gloves is not a substitute for good hand washing.
- Staff will be instructed on how to remove gloves carefully to reduce contamination and how to dispose of them safely.
- Important to verbally check on the fitness and mental wellbeing of staff daily.
- Downstairs training room provided for use if additional treatment required.
- Rota of volunteers to help staff and minimse contact with members of the public, while maintaining social distancing of 1m.
- No cash payments or PYC member’s cards accepted during trial opening period. This will be communicated ahead of reopening and through clear signage at PYC.
- Additional touch points used during shifts; keypads, tills, glass collection tables, pumps, ice machines, fridges and keg room to be cleaned at the end of each shift.
- Training and guidance to be provided on additional requirements ahead of reopening.
- No tables or chairs provided inside main bar area.
- Members of the public to counted in and out of the premises to maintain correct numbers.
- Cleaning schedules to be completed daily, with these checked by General Manager and Committee.
Spreading COVID – 19 amongst members, guests, contractors and wider community
- All members of the public to observe 1m social distancing at all times.
- Seating positioned on Main Bar balcony to maintain social distancing.
- Clear floor markings provided from the front entrance to the Main Bar balcony, including on stairs to maintain traffic flow and manage customer expectations.
- Floor markings placed alongside external front wall to allow members of the public to queue while social distancing.
- Hand sanitizing station to be located at the main entrance, with members of the public required to sanitise their hands on entering and leaving the premises.
- Toilets on Main Floor open ONLY subject to social distancing.
- Hand soap and disposable towels available in all toilets.
Symptoms of Covid – 19
- If any member of the public becomes unwell with a new continuous cough or a high temperature at PYC they will be sent home and advised to follow the stay at home guidance.
- If advised that a member of the public has developed COVID – 19 and recently been at PYC, the club will notify the Public Health Authority to discuss the case and identify people who have been in contact with them and take any further advice and precautions given.
Use of PYC
- Main Bar balcony to be open subject to social distancing guidance.
- Bay Bar, top floor toilets and entire ground floor closed to members of the public to minimize touch points and maintain social distancing.
- All tables and chairs to be removed from the Main Bar, to prevent members of the public coming into prolonged contact with employees.
- Members of the public to be directed outside to a table.
- All members of the public to provide their contact details on entering the premises, with this register kept for 21 days.
- Lift in use, but signage placed inside advising members of the public that only the first floor is open, subject to social distancing.
- Clear signage placed throughout PYC reminding customers of the importance of observing social distancing.
- Signs asking people to ‘Keep Left’ placed at top and bottom of the stair well.
- Numbers of members of the public to be tightly controlled and limited to a maximum capacity of 50 people.
- Additional hand sanitizer to be placed at the entrance of the Main Bar balcony.
- Touch points to be cleaned every 30 minutes as per cleaning schedule.
- Posters and signage displayed encouraging members of the public to wash their hands.
- Downstairs training room provided for isolation and additional treatment required.
- Doors propped open where possible to minimize touch points (doesn’t apply to fire doors).
- Members of the public to be given guidance sheet on arrival, with details of how to order drinks and any additional information required.
- TV screens to be switched off and music kept low in the Main Bar to prevent members of the public staying near the bar.
- Dog entrance to remain closed to ensure all members of the public have to enter and leave through the main entrance.